Tuesday 10 March 2020

Learning through play!



I bought this little camera at the car boot sale along the A3 in Guildford about 3/4 years ago. I paid £90 as that's all I had. The man selling it was keen for someone that wanted to use it to have it rather than a dealer.  I was very excited, got it home, poked it a bit and not really sure what to do with it promptly forgot about it! Anyway, last week I rediscovered it sitting on a shelf (with all the other old cameras I've accumulated). With my new found invincibility I thought I might have a go.

I didn't do anything to it, not even clean the lens so these plates are just made for fun, to test me, the camera, lens etc.  I had to cut the plates down,  I did this with scissors and it was ok, maybe a bit rough but it did the job.



I made 3 plates (quarter plate) The exposure was much faster than the MPP I've been using. It's possible there's a light leak and the lovely dark slides are a bit shitty on the inside.  Anyway, who cares!  It works and I got some lovely little plates so I'm calling it a success ;)

I've set some traps locally and hope to snare a few victims this weekend, I'll let ya know what I'm up to soon.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor Hobson "Cooke" lens? -If so that's a *gorgeous* bit of glass! You've inspired me to do some quarter plates again. - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete