Wednesday 6 April 2016

Starting Collodion 3


Getting the space ready.

I have a large utility room attached to the garage, it has a sink and good amount of work space.  As it opens directly into the garden, getting to and from the camera quickly won't be a problem.  The room is not attached to the house so the fumes will be confined to one space.  The room has 2 large windows which I covered with some black out curtain liner (£5 per metre form amazon).  Although this was cheap it is very effective at blocking the light.  I fixed it to the window using Duck Tape.
I have a plug in red safe light in the dark room so I just used this, it seems to be sufficient.

The Silver Bath has been filled with the newly mixed solution but before it can be used it needs to be 'excited' (insert pun here!)
This is done by pouring collodion on to a plate and lowering it in to the Silver Bath there it must stay overnight.  This releases iodides in to the bath.

This was all done on Friday so that I could begin on Saturday - it's sooo exciting!
Setting up, nearly ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment