Wednesday 6 April 2016

Starting Collodion 5


The next day, Sunday.

What a great day I had on Saturday.  We spent a lot of the day in the darkroom discussing the process.  I ended the day feeling inspired and confident to have a go on my own and I fully intended that Sunday would be spent practicing.  BUT, Saturday night brought with it a light headed kind of tiredness that was unpleasant, Sunday morning I got up with an awful headache, I'm pretty sure that spending too much time in the fume filled darkroom had caused this, I even missed the uni trip to London on Monday.  Lesson learned; ventilation must be considered for next time.

I think it is important to get the balance between fear and respect right when dealing with these chemicals.  They can be very nasty but with common sense, vigilance and respect this process is going to be a real joy.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific. This is a great series, describing just how it is setting up and starting out. Can we see some of your images soon?

    ReplyDelete