Tuesday 28 April 2020

1

2

3
4


1 blue
2 blue


Sorry they're not very straight and 3 is upside down.

Here are the virus models I made.  I decided that sitting and thinking about it all was not too healthy and a bit of a waste of my time, instead I decided to cobble together some models from old bits and bobs.  I had a bunch of flowers a few years back that had some shiny gold baubles on sticks in it(? - probably Christmas) I kept them. I found a pack of kids modelling clay in a bin and kept that too.  Cocktail sticks, hot glue gun and some white chalk paint (coz that's what I had).

I got to spend the day still thinking about the virus but I also spent a happy day practicing wet plate.

It was a good day:)

2 comments:

  1. I love them! - wish I'd done that. "1 blue 2 blue" is secret code, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1,2,3,4 are in order of production and have a black cotton velvet backdrop. 1blue, 2blue are in order but have a crushed velvet manmade fibre backdrop. Both backs were arranged in the same way but the synthetic fibre seems to reflect the light and the cotton black absorbs most of it, even though it's quite shiny. The areas in the balls that have the brightest white (reflections of 2 square soft boxes without diffusers and 2 flash units without any form of covering) appear as gold on the actual plates. This is where there has been some over exposure (says who?) but if I were to make them again I'd give it more welly and get some extra gold dots in!

    THERE ARE NO RULES

    ReplyDelete